Presses are suitable for Etching, Stone and Plate Lithography, Collograph, Monotype, Drypoint, Relief. The studio is designed around the three presses as follows, with workspace adjacent to each press:
Bed size: 122 x 76cm
Good working size 76 x 56cm
Etching: Ferric chloride for copper and nitric acid for zinc plates. Hot plate, rollers, dabbers, grounds, etc.
Albion Relief Press
Bed Size: 70 x 56cm
Bed Size: 66 x 58cm
Large number of litho stones and some litho plates available
Nipping press. Book making tools. Guillotine.
Artists should bring their own etching/ relief tools, inks and specialist papers. The following materials are available to buy:
- Etching plate
- Acrylic sheet for drypoint/ monotype/ collograph
- Proofing paper
- A selection of printing papers – Rives, Somerset, Cartridge paper, B & B
- There is a small kitchen area with kettle, microwave and 2 ring cooker to heat food. Tea and coffee making facilities. If it is nice weather it is possible to sit outside to eat lunch.
- Parking and outside space.
- Clean space for print preparation/ photography.
- There are lots of cafes and a Tesco Metro within a 10 minute walk of the studio.